[R] Can not load Rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Apr 1 17:09:35 CEST 2015

Dear anja,

You shouldn't really need XLConnect -- if it's absent, the only consequence
is that you  won't be able to import Excel files directly in the Rcmdr. Just
say "no" when the Rcmdr asks to install XLConnect, and the Rcmdr GUI should
start up normally (unless there's some other problem). If that's the case,
you can set options(Rcmdr=list(check.packages=FALSE)) before you load the
Rcmdr package, and the package check will be skipped; more conveniently you
can put this command in your R profile.

I hope this helps,
 John