[R] WEIBULL or EXPONENTIAL?

JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu
Fri Apr 3 17:35:50 CEST 2015

As a start you can use an exploratory approach.  Standard survival
analysis texts show you how to use a log-log plot to assess whether a
distribution is Weibull.   Of course, the exponential is a special case of
the Weibull.

CHIRIBOGA Xavier <xavier.chiriboga at unine.ch>
Sent by: "R-help" <r-help-bounces at r-project.org>
04/03/2015 10:33 AM

"r-help at r-project.org" <r-help at r-project.org>,
cc

Subject
[R] WEIBULL or EXPONENTIAL?

Dear members,

I am doing a survival analysis wiith the function coxph...however I am
wondering how can I know if my data follows a EXPONENTIAL or WEIBULL
distribution?

I have 3 censored datum. Using R studio.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Xavier