[R] PCA analysis and bootstraped loadings

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:38:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

Please search the mailing list archives for this, or type bootstrapped PCA
R into google. Please provide a minimal self-contained example of what you
are trying to solve. Please read the posting guide that is referenced at
the end of every email.
kind regards,

Stephen

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Efstathia Defteraiou <
Efstathia.Defteraiou at student.uibk.ac.at> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am relatively new in R.
> Im working with the 'psych' package and 'principal' function.
> I would like to know how to generate the bootstraped conf.intervals for
> looking for sth similar to setting 'n.iter' argument for the 'fa' function.
>
> If in 'psych' can't work and suggest me the 'boot' package please provide
> specific Rscript since I don't understand the commands and arguments that
> have to be used before calling the function 'boot'( what are indices? what
> to define as what inside function(){})
>
> The names Im using are included in the following code:
> 'newdata3.1' is my data and provided as data.frame
>
> makingtheanalysis3.1 <-principal(newdata3.1, nfactors =3,
>                               residuals = FALSE,
>                               covar=FALSE,rotate="varimax",scores=TRUE)
>

> I am sorry for not providing a specific code but my data are too large
>
> Any Help appreciated
> Cheers!

> posting-guide.html

Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
Biological Sciences
331 Funchess Hall
Auburn, Alabama
36849
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us
feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little
problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]