[R] RHive and compression

Hiroki Hosonuma jahhsep at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 01:28:36 CEST 2015

Hi all,

If I run the following command in hive shell, I can get a compressed
output(e.g. 000000_0.gz) in HDFS because I already changed Hadoop and Hive
configuration files to achieve this.

*command:*
insert overwrite directory '/testdata' select * from tbl;

However, if I run the same command using RHive like the below, the output
is not compressed(e.g. 000000_0).

*command:*
rhive.query("insert overwrite directory '/testdata' select * from tbl")

It seems that RHive failed to read configuration files even though I set
HADOOP_CONF_DIR. Could anybody tell me what I am missing? Thank you in
advance!

Hiroki

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]