[R] SOLVED: Repeated failures to install "caret" package (of Max Kuhn)

Eshwar nabble.com at eshwar.in
Wed Apr 15 07:10:32 CEST 2015

Thanks so much. I was struggling to install caret package on my upgraded R.
It was failing to compile lme4 and threw up an error about llapack and lbas.
I never realized that I needed to install lbas(I already had llapack)
through SPM. Once I did that, I could install caret using install.packages
as the other depencies were taken care of by R.