[R] Make a Excel chart by R code

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Wed Apr 15 14:51:24 CEST 2015

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

Oh dear what a pity Cryer, Jonathan D. “Problems with Using Microsoft Excel for Statistics.” In Joint Statistical Meetings, 2001. http://www.amstat.org/sections/srms/proceedings/y2001/proceed/00470.pdf.

Unless you need to have the graphs updating all the time in Calc would it not be just as handy to produce the charts/graphs in R and just import them into your final product.

A little bit more work but far superiour graphics and easier maintenance of the graphs.  It is much easier to change one line (or one word of code) than to start frenzied clicking all over again.