[R] Are '1st decimal' R rollouts (e.g. 3.2.0) qualitatively different?

Assaf P. Oron assaf at uw.edu
Fri Apr 17 17:50:46 CEST 2015

Hi all,

With the upcoming 3.2.0 upgrade, the question came up among my students,
how often a regular user who is not a cutting-edge developer "must" upgrade
their R, given that on Windows/Mac this includes the inconvenience of
re-installing dozens of packages.

In this context, I was wondering whether the annual '1st decimal' upgrade
like 3.2.0 is qualitatively different from the interim ones like 3.1.3. In
other words, whether some changes are reserved for those annual upgrades,
or whether all upgrades are essentially equivalent.

Thanks!

Assaf

--
Assaf P. Oron, Ph.D.
Senior Statistician, Children's Core for Biomedical Statistics
(206)884-1236, assaf.oron at seattlechildrens.org
Consulting statistician, Seattle DEEDS Project
http://www.duwamishdiesel.org/
Instructor, UW Certificate for Statistical Analysis with R
assaf at uw.edu

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]