[R] Predict in glmnet for cox family

jitvis jitvi648 at student.liu.se
Sun Apr 19 10:18:13 CEST 2015

Dear All,

I am in some difficulty with predicting 'expected time of survival' for each
observation for a glmnet cox family with LASSO.

I have two dataset 50000 * 450 (obs * Var) and 8000 * 450 (obs * var), I
considered first one as train and second one as test.

I got the predict output and I am bit lost here,

pre <- predict(fit,type="response", newx =selectedVar[1:20,])

         s0
1  0.9454985
2  0.6684135
3  0.5941740
4  0.5241938
5  0.5376783

This is the output I am getting - I understood with type "response" gives
the fitted relative-risk for "cox" family.

I would like to know how I can convert it or change the fitted relative-risk
to 'expected time of survival' ?

Any help would be great, thanks for all your time and effort.

Sincerely,