[R] Need online version of R help pages

Henrik Bengtsson henrik.bengtsson at ucsf.edu
Mon Apr 20 18:52:33 CEST 2015

I don't want to rub it in more, but whatever dark forces are upon you,
they'd have a hard time preventing you from installing R to your user
account, which requires minimal privileges(*).

Just wanted to make sure you're aware of your options

/Henrik

(*) The R Windows installer detects and adjusts for this
automatically. The only things I can think of that prevents this
approach is that the computer is completely disconnected from the
world,  users have extremely limited disk space, the user account is
wiped at every login, ... what else?  Also, AFAIK, the only thing you
miss out on is that R won't be added to the Windows Registry meaning
.RData files are not associated with R, but that's a very low price to
pay considered it's a better option than Cygwin.