[R] weird behavior when starting R-3.2.0 in Windows 8

Erin Hodgess erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 23:06:17 CEST 2015

Hello again!

First this afternoon, I attempted to install R-3.2.0 from source on Windows
8.  I thought it went fine.  Then when I tried to start it, it starts for a
second, and closes.

Ok.  I figured that I had done something wrong with the source
installation.  Now I just installed the binary.  But the exact same thing
happens!

Has anyone else run into this, please?  For what it's worth, all is well on
my Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks,
Erin

--