[R] package.skeleton warning

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 17:21:04 CEST 2015

I have many code files so listing them will be long. When leave it empty, I get
package.skeleton(name = "myPackage", code_files = "")
Error in sys.source(cf, envir = environment) : '' is not an existing file

There should be an automatic way to source all code files instead of listing them. Even if I upload and have them as R objects, I shouldn't have to list them in the list arg.
Thanks

     On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:48 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

 On 28/04/2015 10:05 AM, carol white via R-help wrote:
>  Hi,Why do I get this warning when I run package.skeleton() and how to solve this problem?
> Warning messages:
> 1: In package.skeleton(name = "myPackage", code_files = "~/Desktop/myPkg/R/") :
>    Invalid file name(s) for R code in ./myPackage/R:
>    'R'
>  are now renamed to 'z<name>.R'
> 2: In file.rename(from = file.path(code_dir, wrong), to = file.path(code_dir,  :
>    cannot rename file './myPackage/R/R' to './myPackage/R/zR.R', reason 'No such file or directory'

You are saying that your code is in a file called

"~/Desktop/myPkg/R/"

but you have no such file.  If you really do have your code already in some files, list them in the code_files argument, otherwise leave it blank.

Duncan Murdoch

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]