[R] scaling variables consecutively and independently

Ram09 rawi2903 at colorado.edu
Mon Aug 3 20:42:01 CEST 2015

Hello Everyone,

So I am very new to R and I'm having some trouble.  I basically have around
110 datasets each one made up of around 100 variables.  I am trying to
z-score the scores in each column but independently of each other ( each
column independent of the other).  The problem is that there are just too
many variables in each dataset to compute individually.  I figured there
should be some type of loop that I can do in which it would scale the scores
in each column and then move on to the next but I haven't been able to find
anything about this.  Can anyone help?  Thanks so much!

-RW