[R] scaling variables consecutively and independently

Ram09 rawi2903 at colorado.edu
Mon Aug 3 22:06:48 CEST 2015

Yes, I've been using the scale function but I don't know how to write a line
of code that will scale the scores in each variable independently of each
other instead of as a whole.  In other words, how can I get the scale
function to standardize all the scores in one variable (column) then move on
to the the next, so on and so forth for the whole dataset without having to
tediously type out the same line of code for each variable?

-RW