[R] write.csv file= question

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 4 17:15:16 CEST 2015

I cannot reproduce your problem on a Windows 8 machine with R version 3.2.1. It is working fine for me without "file=" when I source() a script file from the console.

Open a script file and add the following commands:

test <- data.frame(x=rnorm(15, 10, 2), y=rnorm(15, 15, 3))
write.csv(test, "test.csv")
file.info("Test.csv")

Save it as test.R and then source it:
> source("Test.R", echo=TRUE)

> test <- data.frame(x=rnorm(15, 10, 2), y=rnorm(15, 15, 3))

> write.csv(test, "test.csv")

> file.info("Test.csv")
         size isdir mode               mtime               ctime
Test.csv  600 FALSE  666 2015-08-04 10:13:23 2015-08-04 10:11:56
                       atime exe
Test.csv 2015-08-04 10:11:56  no

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology