[R] Installing package caret on a remote server

Gordonjo gordonjo at post.bgu.ac.il
Wed Aug 5 19:39:08 CEST 2015

I'm trying to install package caret on a remote server. At first, it told me
that I didn't have the necessary dependencies (ggplot2, nplotr, ...,
BradleyTerry2). I played with the repositories and the mirrors until I was
able to install all of the dependency packages except for BradleyTerry 2.
Now, when I run install.packages('caret', dependencies=TRUE), I get the
following warning message, and the installation fails:

1: In install.packages("caret", dependencies = TRUE) :
  installation of package ‘BradleyTerry2’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages("caret", dependencies = TRUE) :
  installation of package ‘caret’ had non-zero exit status

I read up a bit on the web and I saw that the problem may be that I have
package brglm version 0.6-1, which is incompatible with BradleyTerry2. My
questions are:

1. Could this be the reason why I'm failing to install BradleyTerry2 (and
caret as a consequence)? If not, do you have any idea what else could be the
problem?
2. If so, how can I install brglm version 0.5-9? I can only seem to install
the newest version.

Thanks a lot for the help