[R] compare grupos dichotomus dependent variable

AURORA GONZALEZ VIDAL aurora.gonzalez2 at um.es
Fri Aug 7 19:09:31 CEST 2015

Hello everybody. I have a statistics question:

let's say that I want to compaire answers between men and women to a yes/no
question but I have so much more women than men, then, it looks like I
cannot use chi squared test. Would it be correct to use U test (or ranked
Wilcoxon test)?? What do you think?? The code is below, than you so much!!

men<-rep( 0,12 )
women <- c( 0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,rep( 0,114 ),1,rep( 0,199 ) )
wilcox.test( men, women )
chisq.test( men, women )

------
Aurora González Vidal

Sección Apoyo Estadístico.
Servicio de Apoyo a la Investigación (SAI).
Vicerrectorado de Investigación.
Universidad de Murcia
Edif. SACE . Campus de Espinardo.
30100 Murcia