[R] Is there a R function for the nonparametric Walsh Test?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 11 01:48:58 CEST 2015

On 11/08/15 11:26, Dr. Thomas W. MacFarland wrote:
> Everyone:
>
> I am currently trying to reproduce the nonparametric Walsh Test, as
> presented in Siegel (1956, pp. 83-87), and unfortunately I cannot
> find a R function for this test.
>
> I would certainly appreciate any pointers for the Walsh Test using R,
> or perhaps a reasonable substitute if there is simply no
> package::function that specifically addresses this test.

I don't know of any extant function to effect the Walsh Test, but having
had a look at the recipe given in

   http://www.statistics4u.com/fundstat_eng/ee_walsh_outliertest.html

I would say that anyone with even a modest knowledge of R could write
such a function in under 5 minutes.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--