[R] help with binom.power

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 21:36:38 CEST 2015

On Aug 17, 2015, at 9:48 AM, Sam Steingold wrote:

> Hi,
> I am confused by the binom.power - I cannot figure out how to use it.
> E.g., I have "normal success rate" 0.1% (i.e., p=0.001).
> How many successes do I need to observe per n=c(100,1000,10000,100000)
> trials to reject the normalcy hypothesis with confidence 95%?

> I think binom.power should be able to compute that but I cannot figure
> out the meaning of its many parameters (as well as its return value).
> Thanks.
>
> PS. Would you prefer to answer this on SO or CV?

This would be a better fit with the on-topic criteria for CV, since it appears the problem is at the very least a lack of understanding of the principles of power analysis rather than primarily a coding difficulty. You might mention that you hoped to use a function by the name of `binom.power` in some non-base package (which you should offer).

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA