[R] Survival Analysis and Predict time-to-death

survivalUser tufanomichele at hotmail.it
Mon Aug 17 23:18:11 CEST 2015

Thank you David for your answer.

Some follow-up questions:

- So, do you think that try to estimate the life expectancy would be risky
and probably not justifiable? Is there some sort of 'confidence' that the
model could give me for a prediction?

- type=response - I found it here:
https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/survival/html/predict.survreg.html

I have not tried it yet, but I was planning to use that because it says that
predict the "original scale of the data".

- Yes, I think they are time-varying predictors. Would you suggest other
models? (coxph?)

Overall, do you think this analysis is feasible/correct? Predicting how much
time a new individual (with those covariates) will be alive till death, is a
reasonable thing to predict with survival model?

Thank you again!