[R] Running R in Server

Bos, Roger roger.bos at rothschild.com
Tue Aug 18 15:37:51 CEST 2015

There is probably nothing that can give you a step by step guide.  You are touching on a couple of different subjects.  If you just want to run code automatically on a windows server you can use task scheduler to call Rscript filename.R.  If you want to create Web application, that's a bit harder.  I still use Rpad, which works on windows, but development of it stopped a long time so I wouldn't suggest using it.  All the other web application approaches such as RApache only work on Linux.

If I understand correctly what you want to do, you might be able to create a HTML report using RMarkdown and host that on the website.  If you really need a web app, I suggest looking into Shiny.  You can make a shiny app, host it for free on the cloud.  You will have a lot to learn, but it will be time well spent.  https://www.rstudio.com/

Thanks,

Roger

This message and any attachments are for the intended recipient's use only.
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment
of this message is waived or lost by an error in transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by e-mail, delete the message, any attachments and all
copies from your system and destroy any hard copies.  You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print or copy any part of this message or any attachments if you are not
the intended recipient.