[R] Output In R

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 18 17:24:08 CEST 2015

That's a very odd request: surely you would not want to visually inspect 3 million rows in the console?

Typically one would assign the (large) results of a function to a variable for further processing. If you need to inspect the beginning and end of your dataset, use head() and tail().

Try getOption("max.print") to see what it is set to: it's a large and reasonable value, remember your console uses memory and at some point it needs to truncate the values you store in the console, to stay within its allotted memory. You can change the "max.print" option, but I can't see how that would be reasonable.

Cheers,
Boris