[R] equivalent of repeated measures anova using lmer

asudar aruna.sudarshan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 07:30:13 CEST 2015

I am trying to run a linear mixed effects model similar to the 2*2*2 anova
design. My DV is reaction time and fixed factors are time (pre vs.
post:within-subject), condition (congruent vs. incongruent: within subject)
and stimulation (vertex vs. DLPFC: between subject)
My concerns are:
a)I have very few participants: 7 in the vertex condition and 7 in the
DLPFC condition.
b)2 out of the 7 participants participated in both vertex and DLPFC
condition.
 How do I compute a nested lmer model with reaction time as DV and time,
condition and stimulation as factors? and how do i account for random
intercepts and slopes with few number of participants?
Thanks for all the help