[R] Newbie question: error message with install.packages

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:06:15 CEST 2015

>From an older post by Uwe Ligges:

Anyway: R tried to download the package but got an html page, obviously,
hence either the mirror you are using is corrupted or someone in between
(like some proxy?) delivers html pages rather than packages...

In other words, check your proxy/internet settings, or perhaps try a
different mirror.

Peter