[R] glm help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Aug 21 06:06:19 CEST 2015

> On Aug 19, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Joaquín Aldabe <joaquin.aldabe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All, I´m running a glm with poisson errors and have a doubt when
> ploting the predicted values. One of my variables has a positive slope in
> the summary output, but when I plot the predicted values on the original
> plot it draws a line with negative slope. I appreciate your comments on
> this and any other aspect of the analysis.
>
> Attached is the script and data in different formats just in case.

The script in .txt format was accepted by the server. The data was apparently not in a .txt format, so it was rejected.

You made three plots, so when you reply with data using the correct format (which is plain text and generally need to have an extension .txt so that mail client will lable as MIME-text) , you should be more specific about which plots are not exhibiting the expected features.

I noticed you made two data-frames, ‘my4s' and ‘my4S'. The `my4S` was built with `cbind` which would create a matrix (probably a character matrix) rather than a data frame. I’m wondering you you inadvertently constructed a data-object whose structure was different than you imagined? It might have gotten coerced back to a dataframe with undesirable concsequences.

—
David.