[R] nls model parameter compare?

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:59:53 CEST 2015

This is a statistical question, and is off topic for this list, which
is about R programming. Post to a statistical list, like
stats.stackexchange.com, instead.

Warning: This is not a simple issue. You should seriously consider
getting local advice from someone with the necessary statistical
expertise.

Gratuitous Question born from personal frustration with such
queries(so feel free to ignore): Why are you using (statistical)
procedures that you do not understand? Of course the parameters for
different treatments are "different"! -- but how and with what
importance depends on the context in which you are working. Instead of
fooling with cryptic statistical mumbo jumbo that invite misuse -- and
which are probably valueless or idiotic anyway --  why don't you make
some graphs and consider what they say in terms of the substantive
issues at play? (Of course I know the answer -- it is because that is
what your academic culture/journals demand. But therein lies the
problem: what is demanded is junk).

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter