[R] Problem R markdown document

Conklin, Mike (GfK) Mike.Conklin at gfk.com
Thu Aug 27 19:55:10 CEST 2015

I have successfully done this many times using RStudio's rmarkdown capabilities and knitting the document to HTML or Word. However, I am running into this error today.

"C:/Program Files/RStudio/bin/pandoc/pandoc" FusionTestsAugust25.utf8.md --to docx --from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+ascii_identifiers+tex_math_single_backslash-implicit_figures --output FusionTestsAugust25.docx --highlight-style tango
pandoc.exe: getMBlocks: VirtualAlloc MEM_COMMIT failed
Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 1

Same error occurs whether to knitting to Word or to HTML.  It looks like the a memory issue but this whole process is of limited use if the entire analysis runs but the document can't be output.  If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with memory issues in the final step of pandoc conversion or can point me to where to look for this I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Mike

--
W. Michael Conklin