[R] Fisher's Test 5x4 table

paul brett brettpaul16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 19:36:14 CEST 2015

Dear all,
            I am trying to do a fishers test on a 5x4 table on R
statistics. I have already done a chi squared test using Minitab on this
data set, getting a result of (1, N = 165.953, DF 12, p>0.001), yet using
these results (even though they are excellent) may not be suitable for
publication. I have tried numerous other statistical packages in the hope
of doing this test, yet each one has just the 2x2 table.
            I am struggling to edit the template fishers test on R to fit
my table (as according to the R book it is possible, yet i cannot get it to
work). The template given on the R documentation and R book is for a 2x2
fisher test. What do i need to change to get this to work? I have attached
the data with the email so one can see what i am on about. Or do i have to
write my own new code to compute this.

             Yours Sincerely,
                                     Paul Brett