[R] Referencing a component of a large object (Error: slot NULL)

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri Aug 28 23:52:49 CEST 2015

  tf <- vector("list", numberofchains)
  for (j in 1:numberofchains){
      s <- paste("'chain:",j,"'" ,sep="")
      tf[[j]] =  mi.control.i at data$s at variables$y.obs.tx at parameters[30,]
  }

If you want the component whose name is the value of the variable 's'
use data[[s]].

The syntax 'data$s' means to get the component of 'data' called "s",
usually the same as 'data[["s"]]'.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com