[R] PLS Regression: Non-Metric

iclozm joe_beu at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 31 22:22:59 CEST 2015

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully implemented the non-metric pls
regression algorithm presented by Giorgio Russolillo in the appendix of his
PhD dissertation.

I am having issues calling the function with his example matrices (tea data
set) and I think there may be a few mistakes in the R-Code given in the
appendix.

The function is defined as:

myPLSQQ(Y = NA, Yc = NA, X = NA, Xc = NA, ncomp)

however nowhere does he specify what Xc and Yc refer to (I am assuming data
containing the non metric variables). Furthermore, I do not understand how
to call a function with arguments initialized to NA.

Can I simply say:

Y <- Y_Matrix
Xc <- X_Matrix
ncomp <- 3

data <- myPLSQQ(Y = Y, Yc = NA, X = NA, Xc = Xc, ncomp)

Kind Regards,
Chris