[R] cummeRbund MDSplot errors

Bei Jun Chen b.j.chen at unsw.edu.au
Tue Dec 1 15:27:02 CET 2015

Dear R mailing list members,

I was trying to make MDS plots using cummeRbund package on cuffdiff
output files, but got some error messages instead.  I would really
appreciate it if you could advise me on how to solve the problem.

I am running Ubuntu 15.10, R version 3.2.2, cummeRbund version 2.13.  My
code and error messages are as follows:

 > library("cummeRbund")
 > cuff <- readCufflinks()
 > MDS <- MDSplot(genes(cuff))
Error in cmdscale(d, eig = TRUE, k = 2) :
   'k' must be in {1, 2, ..  n - 1}
 > MDS <- MDSplot(genes(cuff), replicates=T)
Error in sqliteSendQuery(con, statement, bind.data) :
   error in statement: near "from": syntax error

I've checked the cummeRbund manual and couldn't find clues on how to fix
the problem.  Again I'd appreciate it if you could help.  Thank you in
advance.

With regards,

Bei Jun