[R] Survival analysis: ERROR: Time and status are different lengths

Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. therneau at mayo.edu
Fri Dec 4 15:02:14 CET 2015

I expect that reading the result of print(fit.weib) will answer your question.  If there
were any missing values in the data set, then the fit.weib$linear.predictors will be
shorter than the original data set,
and the printout will have a note about "...deleted due to missing".

The simplest solution to this is to set
   options(na.action="na.exclude")
before doing the fit.  Then predict(fit) and resid(fit) will return vectors of the same
length as the input data, containing NA in the appropriate positions.  The default
na.action of "na.omit" leaves missing out of both the fit and the residuals.

(Unfortunately, only a few modeling functions in R pay attention to the difference between
these two na.action options.)

Terry Therneau