[R] choropleth packages (US)

Benjamin Tyner btyner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 21:03:32 CET 2015

Hi

I wish to draw a basic choropleth (US, by state) and am wondering if
anyone has any recommendations? I've tried the following thus far:

1. choroplethr: this works, but required installation of 30+
dependencies. I would prefer something with fewer dependencies.
2. tmap: this also seems promising, but most of the examples I saw were
specific to European maps. Can it be adapted for US?
3. statebins: doesn't draw true choropleths, but I liked that it doesn't
have many dependencies.

Regards
Ben