[R] Correct notation for functions, packages when using LaTex

JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu
Thu Dec 10 18:32:09 CET 2015

Erin
There is a LaTeX package called  listings. It has an R option to
prettyprint code.   Never used it.
Joe

"Kevin E. Thorpe" <kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca>
Sent by: "R-help" <r-help-bounces at r-project.org>
12/10/2015 12:14 PM

Erin Hodgess <erinm.hodgess at gmail.com>,
cc
R help <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Subject
Re: [R] Correct notation for functions, packages when using LaTex

On 12/10/2015 12:10 PM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am writing up something (quickly) using LaTex and periodically refer
to R
> functions and packages.
>
> What is the correct way to put those into LaTex, please?  I know that R
> itself is {\tt R}, but am not sure about the others.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Sincerely,
> Erin
> PS  Or should I just be doing this in R Studio, even though there is no
> code, please?

When I refer to R function in a LaTeX document I tend to use \texttt{}
(same as your {\tt } construct). Historical convention rendered computer
code in a monospace font (akin to Courier) so that's what I follow.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)