[R] Updating Package Fails: Help on How to Fix Needed

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri Dec 11 22:11:21 CET 2015

> On Dec 11, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/12/2015 2:36 PM, William Dunlap wrote:
>> stats::sigma was added to R recently.  It is is R-devel now, I don't know
>> about yesterday's R-3.2.3.
>
> As Rich saw, it's not.  pbkrtest should have "Depends: R (>= 3.3.0)" instead of "Depends: R (>= 3.0.0)" in its DESCRIPTION.
> You can see it failed tests on CRAN.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Just to confirm, having installed 3.2.3 this morning, stats::sigma is not present.

FWIW, it may, in some fashion, be related to the dependency of pbkrtest on lme4.

The ?sigma for lme4 shows the following in Examples:

  methods(sigma)# from R 3.3.0 on, shows methods from pkgs 'stats' *and* 'lme4'

So there may be a package namespace/export issue at play here...

Regards,

Marc Schwartz