[R] R: forest plot metafor

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Sat Dec 12 17:22:20 CET 2015

No, this is not possible. But you can just add the weights yourself. One difficulty here is that you want the weights to the right of the estimates and corresponding CIs and those are always placed at the right of the figure. One possibility would be to make the right margin large and then use mtext() to place the weights in that margin. An example:

library(metafor)
data(dat.bcg)
dat <- escalc(measure="RR", ai=tpos, bi=tneg, ci=cpos, di=cneg, data=dat.bcg)
res <- rma(yi, vi, data=dat, method="FE")
wi <- formatC(weights(res), format="f", digits=1, width=4)
par(mar=c(5,4,4,6))
forest(res, xlim=c(-7,8), digits=c(2,0))
mtext(wi, side=4, at=13:1, line=4, las=2, adj=1)
par(xpd=TRUE)
abline(h=c(0,14))
par(xpd=FALSE)

Adjust as needed for your data.