[R] plotmath not available on R 3.2.2

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Dec 12 19:33:32 CET 2015

> A couple of things:
>
> First, there is a SIG list specifically for R on Fedora and RHEL distributions and their derivatives:

> Second, how did you install R? If you used the precompiled binary RPMS for Fedora that are available by using 'yum':
>
>   sudo yum install R

Thanks! I install using

sudo dnf install R-devel libRmath-devel

> then the standard R components and their dependencies, that are part of the default distribution, would be installed via the precompiled binary RPMS.
>
> There is no need to install the base or recommended packages separately.
>
> That is the easiest way to install R on Fedora. Yes, it may be a version release or two out of date, especially since 3.2.3 was just released this past week. It will typically take a few days or perhaps a bit longer, before the RPM maintainers release a new binary.

Thanks! I did not believe that this was a Fedora issue, hence I posted here. As it turns out, I have not been posting on this ML for a while, and indeed, I should have actually waited a bit longer...i.e. I was too hasty.

Best wishes,
Ranjan