[R] unable to download library

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:44:39 CET 2015

> On 17 Dec 2015, at 00:00 , David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> When I attempt to open that with Chrome I get an error:
>
> This webpage is not available
>
> DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
>
> Like Bert, I also get an error report when I attempt to us the Berkeley repo, but I do not get an error when I use the CRAN repo in Switzerland.

That'll be a name server issue. Nothing to do with R per se. If it worked for some and not for others for a while, it is most likely due to cached data.

pd$ host cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu
Host cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

pd$ host cnr.Berkeley.edu
cnr.Berkeley.edu has address 169.229.201.201

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com