[R] Multidimensional array

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Dec 28 20:54:35 CET 2015

Welcome to r-help. There are multiple ways to import various kinds of data, but they tend to be organized around how the data are represented in disk files, but you have given no hints about what you have on disk to work with. Also, such data are sometimes represented in memory in so-called "sparse" or "data frame" format, depending on the types of calculations you plan to perform on that data.

The best way to clarify how much you need to know is to provide a reproducible example that illustrates how much you already know how to do, with sample data representing both your input and your desired output. You should read about what makes an example clear by reading e.g. [1].

You should also read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of every message on this list.  One bit of advice mentioned there that is crucial is sending questions in plain text rather than HTML (as you did this time), since the mailing list usually tries to remove the formatting which tends to damage R code.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example