[R] Regression Overdispersion?

Rune Haubo rune.haubo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:23:36 CET 2015

A third, and often preferable, way is to add an observation-level random effect:

library(lme4)
data1$obs <- factor(seq_len(nrow(data1)))
model <- glmer(y ~ x1 + x2 + (1 | obs), family=poisson(link=log), data=data1)

See http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq and search for "individual-level
random effects".

Cheers,
Rune