[R] odbcConnectAccess2007 errors with Access databases on new PC

utz.ryan utz.ryan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:00:10 CET 2015

Hello,

I've connected R to Microsoft Access databases for years now
using odbcConnectAccess2007. I recently got a new computer and R is
absolutely refusing to connect to any Access database with the following
error message:

Warning messages:
1: In odbcDriverConnect(con, ...) :
  [RODBC] ERROR: state IM002, code 0, message [Microsoft][ODBC Driver
Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
2: In odbcDriverConnect(con, ...) : ODBC connection failed

It's definitely not a path name problem-I've checked a dozen times. A few
things online have mentioned something about 32-bit and 64-bit systems
causing problems. I've tried opening both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of
R with zero luck. My Office is running a 32-bit system.

Is there anything else I can try? I really would hate to lose the ability
to connect R to my Access databases due to some intractable problem.

Thanks,
Ryan

--

Ryan Utz, Ph.D.