[R] Updating to R 3.1.1. - impacts on existing packages

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Feb 3 02:45:07 CET 2015

I think you missed the question, Henrik, which was directed at updating
the local 3.1 library with all of the packages that were in the 3.0
library.

The usual advice for this is to copy your 3.0 library onto your 3.1
library (duplicate directory structure) so R knows what packages you want
to use and then use update packages. In general the copied directories
will not work directly, but R can update them. Note that some packages are
dropped due to better support in different packages or lack of maintainer
activity, so not all packages thus copied may end up usable.