[R] Mixed-effects model for pre-post randomization design

Marco Barbàra jabbba at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:33:58 CET 2015

DeaR userRs,

I recently read this Liang-Zeger article:

http://sankhya.isical.ac.in/search/62b1/fpaper7.html

in which (among other things) they adopt a random intercept model for
pre-post designed trials, using a conditional likelihood approach
(I didn't think it possible with only two measurements per subject)

I'm trying to figure out (if and) how it is possible to reproduce
straightforwardly their model using R standard mixed model tools, but
I cannot even try to reproduce their work, since they used a
non-available dataset (I found an extract on prof. Diggle's web site
where it is explicitly reported to be "confidential"), so I have to
review a bit of likelihood theory along with some implementation
details.

In the meantime, I wonder if anyone here could point out any related
documentation to me.

Thank you.
Marco.