[R] How to subset data, by sorting names alphabetically.

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 11:14:09 CET 2015

Hi Samarvir,
Assuming that you want to generate a separate data frame for each
value of "Name",

# name of initial data frame is ssdf
for(nameval in unique(ssdf$Name)) assign(nameval,ssdf[ssdf$Name==nameval,])

This will produce as many data frames as there are unique values of
ssdf$Name, each named by the values it contains.

Jim