[R] Help with Flexmix- multivariate time series data

atesh koul atesh.koul at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:28:31 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to use R package flexmix for data clustering which I find
extremely useful. I would like to know how many clusters could be there in
the data and the assignment of trials to these clusters.

The data are hand kinematics data- 16 variables at 10 discrete time points
for 17 subjects. I am trying to use the FLXMCmvnorm driver for as the data
features are correlated multinomial features (formula - data~time|subject).

However, using the driver, I found out that only the left hand side in the
formula is used. This would remove the time dependence that I am trying to
model. Currently, I am stuck at this point. I would really appreciate if
any one could provide me any help on how in the formula I can include the
time dependence as well.

I would really appreciate help regarding this and would go a long way in
solving my problem. Please let me know if more information about the data
is needed.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Atesh