[R] Use of R for Hypothesis Testing

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 14 18:47:32 CET 2015

You will only really learn R by reading and trying things yourself. As
John says, there are many good books out there. Have you read the
introductory material that comes with R in the help system? I would
recommend you start the help system and scroll through the list of
functions contained in the stats package. You will be amazed at what you
find.

Kevin

On 02/14/2015 12:08 PM, John Kane wrote:
> There are anumber of good papers and books in pdf format at the
> R site.  Select a CRAN location and you should see an entry for them on the left side of the page. Pick a couple and see if they help.
>
> And for a fun read on introductory statistics in general which should cover everything you wanted to know and more have a look at
> Danial Navarro's downloadable stats book at http://health.adelaide.edu.au/psychology/ccs/teaching/lsr/
>
> John Kane
> Kingston ON Canada

Kevin E. Thorpe
Head of Biostatistics,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael's
Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
University of Toronto
email: kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca  Tel: 416.864.5776  Fax: 416.864.3016