[R] list of list

Troels Ring tring at gvdnet.dk
Mon Feb 16 17:43:51 CET 2015

Dear friends - this is simple I know but I can figure it out without
your help.
I have for each of 2195 instances 10 variables measured at specific
times from 6 to several hundred, so if I just take one of the instances,
I can make a list of the 10 variables together with their variable
times. But when I have 2195 such instances I cannot get it how to make a
list of these individual lists

As a toy example demonstrating mercilessly my problem, if ASL[j] is mean
to take the list of here 5 entries made in RES[[i]] and I write this
(ignoring the times) it certainly doesn't work
ASL <- list()
RES <- list()
for (j in 1:5){
for (i in 1:5)