[R] find a previous command that starts with a certain letter

CasasPrat,Merce [Ontario] Merce.CasasPrat at ec.gc.ca
Wed Feb 18 23:06:31 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm new to R (was using Matlab previously)

Matlab has a very convenient utility that I haven't been able to find in R. When working interactively, you can find a previous command that starts with a certain letter by typing such a letter and then pressing the cursor up key. In R I've seen that, despite the letter you type, when pressing the cursor up key, it goes to the immediately previous command.

So, do you know if there is any way in R to quickly search for previous commands starting with a certain letter?

Thanks!!

Mercè

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]