[R] Raster Help

Simon Tarr simon.tarr at adtrak.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 16:45:04 CET 2015

Hi Sven,

Many thanks for the reply and my apologies for not posting any code. So
far, I have been able to write this (but it's very basic and just getting
me to the 'complicated' stage).

setwd("C:\\Users\\simon.tarr\\Documents\\GIS\\Test Data")
require(raster)
require(rgdal)
revenue<-read.table("revenue.csv",header=T,row.names=1,sep=",")
postcodes<-raster("C:\\Users\\simon.tarr\\Documents\\GIS\\Test
Data\\rasters\\postcodes\\postcodes.img")
trim(postcodes)
plot(postcodes)

I have attached a .csv file that contains my revenue data (this is actually
just made up data- I wanted to make sure I could get the mapping to work
before I start handling large quantities of real data).

As I mentioned, the raster contains the same list of postcode names that
appear in the CSV. So I need to somehow 'attach' the revenue figures to
each postcode in the raster and then plot this.

I hope this makes sense and apologies for the loose language...it's the
only way I can think of to describe it.

I'm trying hard to learn R and its syntax but sometimes I get stuck. I
often know what needs to be done but struggle to write the necessary code
to make it happen.

All the best,

Simon