[R] creating a distinct zip file

Sat Feb 21 22:07:52 CET 2015

What is a "compiled zip"? There is a warning against using that term in section 1 of the Writing R Extensions  documentation, along with a discussion of why it is ambiguous at best. Can you read that and clarify your statement?

Since you make this assertion that R  CMD INSTALL --build does not do what you want it to, I am not sure we are speaking of the same kind of file. If we are, then you may not have your system configured correctly.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing