[R] decimal places

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:56:09 CET 2015

> On 24 Feb 2015, at 18:24 , Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> stats:::print.pairwise.htest
>
> and you'll see it hard-codes 2 significant digits.  (Which surprises me
> a bit, but I guess your p-values are all 0.030 and 0.050.)

It was a decade and a half ago, but I think the general idea of the hardcoded value was that by default you want a display as compact as possible, and 2 digits after adjustment for multiple testing should be enough for most. If you want more, just extract the p.value component and print it to whatever precision you need.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com